Dutra was getting calls about broken pipes under the ground of pools. There are multiple issues with trying to locate broken pipes under the ground:
- Pools are typically complimented with beautiful pavers and waterfalls to upgrade a backyard.
- With all of these hardscapes, visually seeing water come up under pavers is not likely, water will likely follow the easiest path of resistance, sometimes never getting to the surface.
- Pool lines are installed with 90s and Tee fittings which makes it impossible to use a small camera to inspect the entire pipe system.
- Cameras cannot make these hard bends and could either damage the camera or get the camera stuck inside the pipe.
- Even when you inspect a small pool pipe, its nearly impossible to be confident on what you see.
- With the camera, we cannot guarantee that is where the water is leaking from.
- We use the camera to locate T fittings and transitions that would be the location of where the water is leaking.
- Once we locate these marks we use Helium to guarantee the leak.
- We introduce Helium into the pipe, Helium is used because Helium is the 2nd smallest particle and will pass through dirt and stone.
- The Helium will pass through vertically and become locatable on the surface.
- Since the fittings and weak points were located, we use the helium locator and check each fitting.
- The locator will give off a reading of PPM (Parts Per Million) reading to show if we are getting closer to the break.
- This allows us to guarantee that the break in the pipe is 100% there.
Call Dutra To Get More Info On Pool Leaks!!